Saturday, December 18, 2010

Everything and More

Welcome to my new blog, still bright and starry-eyed, unsuspecting of the chaotic tangle of words that is about to hit it in the face courtesy of my brain.  Like so:

Back in June, after graduating with a B.A. from Willamette University, I applied to the Peace Corps.  A little less than two weeks later, I interviewed with a PC recruiter, the same recruiter nominated me as a volunteer for a program in Central/South America working in Health Extension in July.  The next step was the medical review.

I received the necessary paperwork in July, went to numerous doctors to be poked and prodded and stretched, and mailed it back in September.  Then they sent it back asking for updated information, which I included then mailed back.  Then they sent it back asking for more updated information, which I then faxed to them.  Then they called and asked for more information, which I faxed back and in November (it was November by then) the Peace Corps officially invited me to volunteer in Nicaragua until March 2013.

This will tell of all my adventures.  Or at least the ones I feel like sharing with the internet masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment