Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Puro Lodo

My first site, Los Chiles, consists almost entirely of dirt roads.  We paved one road this past year, and it was a huge deal.  It was quite the orchestration though, so the chances of paving the other dirt roads are very slim, which is a shame, because dirt roads mean dust in the dry season, and in the rainy season...
mud.  Lots of mud.  Mud everywhere.  Puro lodo.  And you would think that I would have learned to wear better shoes, but on the day when this photo was taken, I had rushed out the house in flip flops without thinking about the consequences.  Eventually, they got so caked in mud I couldn't walk in them anymore, and walked barefoot the rest of the way to my friend's house where she had a good laugh at me, and lent me her much more sensible shoes to wear for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment