Thursday, July 24, 2014

Maria

Maria didn't remember the date of her last period, and we don't have an ultrasound machine in Los Chiles to see how far along she was.  Even when she did travel the two hours to San Carlos to the hospital for her ultrasound, the doctors were indecisive, so she ended up staying more than two months at the Casa Materna.  She was a distant relative of my host family, so I would often see her at our house, and then later at the Casa Materna.


And then, sometimes when she sneaked out of the Casa Materna, like this time she took another panzona with her to the independence day celebration.

Another day, she decided to have a photo shoot at the Casa Materna.

The women doing their hair and makeup before the shoot.
There were wardrobe changes.


















Different angles

They asked me to get in the photo as well.  Please note that I am 5'4" and wearing flats in this photo.

When I went back after my one month of homeleave last year, Maria was at abuela's with her son.


No comments:

Post a Comment