Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Whoa Boa

I was on my way to the health center one day when my friend Evelin called me over, and told me she had something in her backyard she had to show me.  I thought it would be her new guinea pig, or her neighbor's pet monkey.  I was wrong.


She had it hung up so that all the goo inside of it would fall into that pail she's holding, saying that it is an oil that cures a lot of illnesses.  So the goo is actual snake oil that Evelin will go on to sell.  This was a totally normal day.

3 comments:

  1. Snake oil sales, eh? Do those things slither around in the villages there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They tend to stick to the outskirts, but yes, we do have them hanging (or slithering) out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that’s where that phrase originated!

    ReplyDelete